http://www.energise-personaltraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/logo-energise.png 0 0 energise http://www.energise-personaltraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/logo-energise.png energise2013-05-28 16:53:442013-05-28 16:53:44Portion control
Portion control is a very simple but not easy concept. Everyone today is looking for a short cut to allow them to eat what they want, but there are sadly no short cuts. Eat less and lose weight. Here is a few tips on how to do just that.
- Use a smaller plate or bowl when serving up your food and do not go back for seconds.
- Get the people you live with behind you. It's almost impossible to do it alone. Ask for their help in cooking smaller amounts of food.
- Eat slower. It takes at least 20 minutes for the hormones that indicate you are full to reach the signal to your brain. It is proven if you sit down, fully chew each mouthful and take 20 minutes to eat a meal your stomach will become flatter.
- Don't pick at food and snacks while you are cooking. So many of us walk in the door starving and eat so many snacks while the dinner is cooking, and still eat the same sized meal portion. Don't let yourself get this hungry. Eat snacks every few hours to stop you binge eating. You always eat more than you need and too quickly when you are starving.
- When grabbing food at lunchtime, don't go for the large option and don't buy a side to make up for the fact you have a smaller meal.
- Make sure every meal is balanced and will fill you up. This will need to involve fats and proteins as these food sources keep you fuller for longer. Fats (nuts, seeds, avocados, dairy products, olive oil, coconut). Proteins (meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses). I can help put meal ideas together if you need.
- Keep track of how much you are actually eating with a food diary.